Thursday, March 7, 2013

Swimming

I can hear whistles and guns
I can hear people yelling and coaches screaming
I can feel the waves splashing up from the sides
I can see eagerness in eyes and people starting their races
People are walking around frantically getting in their lanes
Black markings on racers skin is vanishing
I look up and down every second double checking that my race hasnt started yet
"GO ABBIE GO!" I yell as my friend comes in first
 I can smell the chlorine and the air is warm
The race soon gets over and the results come on....
Wawasee girls 100 relay with a total of 658
Indian springs with a total of 585
We won we won! My team cheers
We won every race that night and it was a fun victory!

1 comment:

  1. What a great way to share your excitement! I kept changing my mental image of what you were describing, making your poem more fun to read because of the suspense you were building. Nice slice!

    ReplyDelete